The goal of the Multiple Sclerosis Scientific Research Foundation (MSSRF) is to support innovative and transformative research in multiple sclerosis beyond the scope of the MS Society of Canada’s regular granting program. In particular, the focus is on interdisciplinary research which fosters multi-site collaboration and accelerates fundamental advances in understanding and treating MS.
The MSSRF is seeking applications for projects investigating the
gut microbiome in a pediatric multiple sclerosis population
The MSSRF is pleased to launch a request for applications (RFA) to invite Canadian and international academic investigators to apply for funding to specifically study the gut microbiome in collaboration with a larger, multi-site pediatric MS study.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please visit the following link for more information:
* Update July 17, 2015: Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQ) document is now available.
* Update July 2, 2015: The July 29th teleconference has been rescheduled for July 7th at 16:00-17:00 EDT.
**THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED**
Amount and Term
Total funding available is up to 500,000 CAD for one project for up to three (3) years.
- Have an academic or research appointment which allows the individual to pursue the proposed research project to engage in independent research activities.
- Conduct research within a Canadian or international academic institution.
- Engage in independent research activities for the entire duration of the funding and is able to supervise trainees and publish research activities
- RFA launch: June 15 2015
- Q&A teleconference with Dr. Brenda Banwell: July 7 at 16:00-17:00 EDT and July 23 at 11:00- 12:00 EDT. * The July 29th teleconference has been rescheduled for July 7th at 16:00-17:00 EDT. Click here for country dial in details, Passcode: 548692
- Application deadline: August 7, 2015 at 16:00 EDT
- Notification of selected applicant: September 2, 2015
- Meeting with Lead Team and development of project plan: September 21 2015
- Notification of approval: November 18, 2015
- Anticipated project start date: December 1, 2015